Ian’s All-Purpose PHP Web App Starter Framework
Use this document as a way to quick start any new project.
Built in stuff:
- Responsive design, right out of the gate, thanks to Bootstrap.
- The newest jQuery library, pulled from the jQuery CDN.
- A handy config class, built on the singleton pattern for low resource usage.
- Support for multiple database flavors, via PHP 5.3 PDO functionality.
- Baked-in support for Google Analytics.
- Baked-in user authorization using Mozilla Persona.
- A single index file for all functions. Views for individual pages are in /views/.
- The SwiftMailer 5.0.0 library is included, plus a bonus wrapper class that leverages encrypted SMTP through Gmail.
- Built-in classes for basic user management and role-based permissions.
- A simple templating setup. Feel free to use it, or not.
- A rational directory structure ready to go.
- Easy to set up MVC, OOP, or hybrid, depending on your coding preferences and style.
- A basic CRUD generator. Feed it database tables, and it will output you models, controllers, and basic views, along with a very simple admin interface automatically. It lives at /util/crud_factory.php. You have to be logged in to access it.
What it doesn’t have:
- Any documentation. I’ve made this for my own projects, at this point. I may produce some docs in the future, if they’re warranted.
This is basically a starting point for look and feel. The code is up to you.
Version 1.2 beta
Last Revision — 7/09/2013
By Ian Monroe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Get in touch, if you use it!
– or –